Monday, September 20, 2010

A Degree in Computer Science

I find myself amazed and perhaps a little bit scared at the idea that the two of my roommates held degrees in science. Both Tom and Savior Tony say that they hold a degree in computer science. Tom's degree is especially sad. He was sold a program for you eleven thousand dollars to give him a degree in computer science and robotics from a private university in Arizona. Tom is a fine individual but in no way would I trust him with a serious problem involving computers. I have never seen him use a container and I doubt very much that he had significant familiarity with computers when he entered the program to be able to gain anything from the materials that they were teaching him.

I can say less about Savior Tony. He says and I believe him that he set up a computer lab in the the center to allow neighborhood children to be able to use computers. It is entirely possible that Tony could do this and even that his degree may have aided him although I must confess to a certain degree of skepticism.

It is a terrible thing when our poorest people are being sold training largely characterized by the latest buzzwords. I do know that both Tom and Tony are good people and that I would never, ever consider them for any job relating to computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment